Milk-Expressing while on business trip

Went on business trip last week, quite a last minute thus dont really have the mood to think or plan, only focus is how i can express and whether if there's any possibility to bring breastmilk back.
Thank God somehow i come across facebook posts on how it can be done. 

I did comtemplated to do so, though a friend dissuade me, saying that by doing so will make one more stressed up.

Such as whether the BM will be stored properly, whethe any raw food beside the BM, whether will the hotel staff be willing to assist.

Which is why... the initial plan was to just bring back BM for the last night and the day of departure. That's when chilled BM is still fine.

But changed my mind, especially my supply is not a lot to start with. Feel such a waste to throw them away.

I prepared these items, but apparently its not really enough.
- sterilizing tablets
- 2 cooler bag
- few ziplock bags
- 20 breastmilk bags (not really enough)
- 4 bottles (mainly for expressing)

Sterilizing tablets was used to sterilize the breastpump accessories and the bottles.
Cooler bags were used to keep the breastmilk bags as well as my breastpump.

As i had tried to keep the content of each breastmilk bag to 100ml, 20 is not really sufficient.

Glad i have bottles too. 

One thing I’m glad i stay in a relatively good hotel, Marriott.
Their customer service is awesome.

Daily i will trouble them to bring me ice.
I used ice along with the expressed breastmilk to store inside the chiller fridge.
Once a day will trouble them to bring a ziplock bag of breastmilk bags to keep at their freezer.

On the last day, to send back to me all the breastmilk, including the ice packs that i had ask them to keep on the first day when i reached.
I must say, my handwriting not bad hor.
Looks rather neat. This note is what goes into the ziplock bag. It contained my room number. To sure they delivered back to the same room.

Of course i later realize they put all in a paper bag and keep in the freezer.

Not sure if it is due to the good night sleep, or not so stressed as compared when back in Singapore, my supply was quite good.
Despite not drinking much water, also not able to express every 3-4hours (in fact i only manage to express every 6-8hours when i was there)
I guess not being stressed up on the need to express enough, somehow allows me to pump more. What an irony.

Oh... I also learnt breastmilk should be called 母乳, not 人奶. 哈哈

Glad I’m able to bring back sufficient to let him be on full-BM for a week and 1 day.

One thing to note, my supply dropped badly once I’m back at work. Really upset. 
Which is why, can only be on fully BM for a week plus. If my supply is constant, can last more days lor.


Anyway, here’s some pictures from my business trip. Was quite awed by Hua Wei.


The lake, man-made. There supposed to have 2 or 3 black swans. But weather too hot, they went into hiding.
The swans was bought from Russia. It is a reminder to the staffs that 居安思危.

The Hua Wei University

The toilietries! 


One thing is.. the girls, or customer service ladies, they all look quite similar lor.
Remind me of the Olympic Games that was held in Beijing, the audition of girls, must fulfill certain height, size, looks. Haha..

My boss called her the “I-robot”. 😜

Has more photos but not so nice to spam since it’s a business trip after all.


Comments

Popular Posts